What were the shared concerns of civil society representatives?
- Insufficiencies in capacity building,
- Inefficiency of support mechanisms due to burdensome bureaucratic procedures, the need for flexible and simplified grant schemes,
- Lack of opportunities to fund individuals and civil initiatives without a legal entity under existing grant programmes,
- Challenges in partnering with other activists, civil society organisations and initiatives to engage in joint activities,
- Need for technical assistance for civil society organisations, networks and platforms,
- Problems concerning mobility and language in accessing civil society assistance mechanisms, and in creating networks.
Based on these findings, the Delegation of the European Union to Turkey developed the EU Sivil Düşün Programme and launched it in 2013 to assist the civil society in line with its needs.